NSW Masonic Club & Castlereagh Boutique Hotel
A stunningly beautiful heritage-listed building from 1927
About the building
The NSW Masonic Club was established in 1893. In 1927, it officially opened the NSW Masonic Club building at 169 Castlereagh Street. The 12-storey Art Deco building was the first high-rise reinforced-concrete building in Sydney and the tallest building in the city at the time.
It was heritage-listed in 1980, and now houses the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel, which has 83 guest rooms. Dining, function and meeting rooms, including the Cellos Grand Dining Room, Adam Room and the Boardroom, have been meticulously restored to their original 1927 decor.
Visitors will be able to view many of the historical rooms, and club directors and staff positioned on the various levels will tell interesting stories about the building and the use of space.
Visitors will need to sign in on entry as it is a registered club.Built
C W Chambers
Find out more about this building here